You may or may not have heard about the Active Kids Voucher Program released by the NSW Government.
See here for the news release:
What is the Active Kids Voucher Program?
Parents will be able to claim up to $100 per school child, per calendar year, as a voucher to reduce the cost of sport registration or membership fees for after-school, weekend and structured fitness or physical activity, that runs for a duration of eight (8) weeks or more.
The voucher can be redeemed towards payment of memberships or fees with an approved provider registered with the Active Kids Voucher program, each calendar year.
Who is eligible for a voucher?
Every child enrolled in school from Kindergarten to year 12 will be eligible for the Active Kids Voucher.
How do participants access the voucher?
A parent or guardian can apply online at the Service NSW Website:
You will need
- to create a MyServiceNSW account if you don’t already have one
- your child’s Medicare card details
- your child’s height and weight measurements
- some idea of how many sessions of non-school sport & activities your child has participated in over the last 12 months
Once the required information is completed an alpha-numeric voucher code will be provided that can then be used during the Footyweb registration process. The voucher can only be redeemed for one sport per calendar year.
When can families start downloading and using their vouchers?
- Families will be able to apply for their voucher(s) online from the MyServiceNSW portal. Vouchers are valid for redemption during the current calendar year and will expire at the end of the calendar year. Vouchers cannot be used retrospectively.
For more information on the Active Kids Voucher more generally, see here:
How will this work with Westbrook Registration?
Participants can register with their voucher code and pay online. Any parent planning to register their child with an Active Kids Voucher code must not pay through the registration form until the 1st February 2018. Any payment through the registration form before the 1st February will make them ineligible for the Active Kids Voucher use.
However, the AFL are encouraging clubs to register players now for indication of numbers for 2018, therefore we have had to set up our registration form as NON FINANCIAL ie payments are non-compulsory.
We can still process registrations before February 1st, however the process will differ should a participant wish to redeem the Active Kids Voucher.
* PROCESS 1: Participant DOES NOT wish to redeem the voucher: the participant registers as per the normal process and pays the full fee at the completion of the registration process.
* PROCESS 2: Participant DOES want to redeem a voucher: the participant registers through Footyweb and selects ‘yes’ to the question about their desire to redeem a voucher. The participant finishes the registration process but does not pay the registration fee and is considered registered but non-financial. In the case of Auskick registrations, the participant will not receive their pack until they have completed the payment in full. It is then the requirement of the participant post February 1st to log back in to Footyweb, redeem their voucher and pay their registration. We will give you until 1st March to complete payment.
From 4th February we will turn compulsory payments back on, so please make sure you already have your voucher code if you wish to use it as they cannot be applied retrospectively.
Anyone who has paid their registration before 1st February, or even pays after 1st February without their voucher, cannot go back in and redeem a voucher if they wished to. They still have the option to redeem a voucher for their other eligible sports and activities, particularly if they are in the summer season. If AFL is their only activity for the year, they might be able to use it towards early payment of 2019 season fees before 31st December 2018.
PDF Link: Active Kids Voucher Program